How to run these on mac??? Info please.
A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux
A command-line tool to turn PNG images into Doom maps.
The source code is available at github.com/akaAgar/png2wad
- Any bitmap size
- Supports doors, secret passages, special sectors, entrances, exits, variable floor/ceiling heights
- Theme configuration to create maps with various feelings and textures (hell, tech base, sewers...)
- Can generate maps in the Doom 1 (ExMx) or Doom 2 (MAPxx) name format
- Optional things generation to create immediately playable maps filled with monsters and items. Or you can disable the thing generator and populate the map yourself using a map editor such as DoomBuilder
- Includes Bsp for node generation on Windows. On macOS/Linux you'll have to build nodes manually using a third-party node builder before you can play your maps
Using the command-line
Syntax is: PNG2WAD.exe SomeImage.png [SomeOtherImage.png] [YetAnotherImage.png]...
From the GUI
Drag and drop one or more PNG files on PNG2WAD.exe
Output file will always be generated in the directory where PNG2WAD.exe is located and will have a the name of the first PNG file with a wad extension. For instance, if you create a file from SomePlace.png, SomeOtherPlace.png and AThirdPlace.png, the output file will be named SomePlace.wad.
If Doom 1 format has been selected in Preferences.ini, first map will be named ExM1, then ExM2, etc (Where x is the number of the episode as defined in Preferences.ini). Maps beyond ExM9 will be ignored.
If Doom 2 format has been selected in Preferences.ini, first map will be named MAP01, then MAP02, MAP03, etc. Maps beyond MAP99 will be ignored.
Default format is Doom 2.
Run your favorite image edition tool and create a new PNG of any size. Each pixel is a 64x64 tile on the map.
The upper-left pixel is always a wall. Its color is ignored and used to select the map theme, as defined in the Preferences.ini file. You can add more themes by editing the file.
Available themes are:
- Gray (128, 128, 128): cave
- Red (255, 0, 0): hell
- Steel blue (128, 128, 255) : city
- Any other color: tech base (default)
|Pixel color||Tile type|
|White (255, 255, 255)||Wall|
|Red (255, 0, 0)||Room with special floor (nukage, lava, etc.) as defined in the map theme|
|Green (0, 128, 0)||Room with special ceiling (lamp, etc.) as defined in the map theme|
|Blue (0, 0, 255)||Room with open sky (exterior)|
|Olive (128, 128, 0)||Door|
|Magenta (255, 0, 255)||Secret passage|
|Yellow (255, 255, 0)||Entrance/player start|
|Lime (0, 255, 0)||Exit|
|Any other color||Room|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
You'll have to install Mono, which allows the execution of DotNet applications on macOS. You'll find more information here : https://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/supported-platforms/macos/